Weldco-Beales Manufacturing Ltd. (WBM) manufactures heavy equipment attachments and truck mounted cranes for the construction, forestry, mining and resource industries throughout Canada, U.S.A. and internationally. Our manufacturing facility located in Langley, BC is currently recruiting a Welder.
Reporting to the Shop Foreman, you will provide quality customer service and adhere to design specifications to produce quality products in a timely fashion to meet Customer needs. Your primary responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Read and interpret blue prints or welding process specifications
- Follow directions given in layouts, drawings and work orders
- Welding of various heavy equipment attachments and components utilizing MCAW and FCAW
- Use of overhead cranes
- Maintain a clean, orderly and safe work environment at all times
- Ensures workmanship throughout the manufacturing process and on finished goods meets or exceeds the cost, quality and schedule expectations of all customers.
- Active participation in WBM Safety Program, ensuring that workplace safety exists at all times
- Other duties as required
- A minimum of 5+ years related experience in 0.52 and 1/16 Metal Core Welding Wire is essential to this position
- Communication skills to read, write, listen, and speak in a clear & concise manner to individuals at various levels
- Interpersonal skills work collaboratively and cooperatively with others
- The ability to work independently at tasks that require concentration as well as physical effort
- Time management skills to productively complete work and meet all expected deadlines
- Organizational skills to plan out and coordinate his or her work in a logical manner
- Analytical skills to identify problems and find a solution, or seek advice from the supervisor
Weldco Companies is a subsidiary of IDC (Inuvialuit Development Corporation), and is 100% Inuvialuit owned. Weldco provides Employment and Career Development opportunities for its beneficiaries and employees.
Applications for this position may be kept on file for twelve months and may be considered for future positions within Weldco or IDC. Your interest in Weldco is appreciated. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. No phone calls please