Weldco-Beales Manufacturing Ltd. (WBM) manufactures heavy equipment attachments and truck mounted cranes for the construction, forestry, mining and resource industries throughout Canada, U.S.A. and internationally. Our manufacturing facility located in Langley, BC is currently recruiting an Administrative Assistant / Receptionist.
Reporting to the General Manager and working under minimal supervision, this key customer service oriented position is primarily responsible for assisting customers in person and over the phone and also assisting all branch employees with various needs.
The incumbent creates a positive first impression on our valued customers, regardless of whether they are walk-in visitors or telephone callers. This individual must ensure the reception desk is attended to at all times during the hours of operation and the reception area is well maintained. While performing receptionist tasks, the incumbent will also perform a variety of other clerical tasks.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- operating a busy phone and paging system efficiently and effectively;
- greeting and receiving all visitors to Weldco-Beales Mfg.
- providing word processing and clerical services to all departments as required.
- Monitoring office supply inventory and order supplies as necessary
- Preparing bank deposits on a daily basis and ensuring appropriate bank payments are included with the night deposit envelope
- Assisting the Accounting Department with clerical tasks, such as matching packing slips to vendor invoices on a daily basis
- Managing ingoing and outgoing mail and faxes
- Must possess a high school diploma with supplemental training in customer service and general office procedures and practices
- Must have a minimum of 2 years of reception experience in a busy work environment, using a multi-line and paging system
- Must have good understanding of general office procedures and practices
- Effective communication skills to listen, write and speak in a clear and concise manner to individuals, at all levels
- Computer skills to utilize and maximize the capability of various MS Office software applications to enhance productivity
- Good time management skills to productively complete work and meet all expected deadlines
- Basic mathematic skills to perform accurate calculations
- Proofreading and editing skills to ensure correspondence are prepared accurately
- Works independently with minimal supervision and collaborate with others