Weldco Companies, comprised of Weldco-Beales Manufacturing, Weldco Hydra-Lift and Weldco Heavy Industries are active participants in the heavy steel industry. Weldco-Beales Manufacturing (WBM) manufactures heavy equipment attachments and Weldco Hydra-Lift truck mounted cranes. The products service the construction, forestry, mining and resource industries throughout Canada, U.S.A. and internationally. WBM has three branch locations; Edmonton (AB), Langley (BC), and Barrie (ON). Weldco Heavy Industries is a large steel repair and fabrication facility located in Fort McKay, 70km North of Fort McMurray.
A challenging opportunity exists at our Edmonton Head Office for a General Manager Sales. Reporting to the President, the General Manager, Sales is responsible for directly managing the Sales Departments located in Edmonton, AB as well as the USA based Account Managers. The position will also indirectly oversee both personnel and processes of the sales team members located in Langley, BC, and Barrie, ON.
What you will do:
- Promote the interests and relationships of Weldco with our customers, suppliers and the business community,
- Continuously strive to improve customer relationships within our market area, by ensuring support and coverage exceeds the expectations of our key accounts,
- Ensure sales personnel are consistently exceeding customer service expectations by responding in a timely manner with excellent product awareness and support,
- Develop, support and implement Product Training initiatives with our Key Account customers and employees, and
- Continuously promote Weldco and its’ capabilities to key accounts by ensuring that all personnel (Outside and Inside) are regularly establishing and improving support networks with our customers through meetings, visits, functions and invitations.
- Provide direct leadership to the aligned sales teams in Edmonton and US Markets. Taking an active role in customer relationship building, customer service and growing core product opportunities with key accounts,
- Provide dotted line management and oversight of sales teams in Langley and Barrie.
- Develop, establish and manage revenue and gross margin targets on an annual basis for each salesperson by consistently evaluating products, regions and customers,
- Responsible to provide the annual budget for the Sales departments to meet the branches revenue and profit targets, working within expense guidelines of the business plan,
- Provide relevant reporting on the effectiveness of Sales efforts with regards to customer satisfaction and product feedback,
- Responsible for input and recommendations for the price book changes and revisions, ensuring that Weldco remains competitively priced to meet revenue and margin goals for the operation,
- Co-operatively work with the Marketing & Communication Coordinators in establishing effective campaigns to promote and support both WBM and WHI services and products.
- Promote, support and foster a team environment within and between the General Managers and the Sales Groups,
- Provide leadership to the Sales departments, its’ function and personnel by reviewing the work of staff and ensuring it is completed with a high degree of accuracy and meets expectations,
- Foster an environment that facilitates active participation and staff involvement, which offers job satisfaction and encourages creativity,
- Maximize the talent of available staff, delegate responsibilities, holding each individual accountable,
- Conduct all business practices with honesty and integrity, exhibiting high moral and ethical standards, and
- Ensure resources and necessary tools are available to employees to complete assigned projects by requisitioning materials and supplies as needed.
Human Resources Management
- Continuously coach, mentor, develop employees,
- Effectively and respectfully manage personnel who are not meeting expectations,
- Always recruit, interview and select the ‘best’ candidate for the required position,
- Continuously work at improving inter-branch communications at all levels,
- Provide ongoing constructive feedback,
- Conduct performance evaluations following the prescribed corporate format,
- Cultivate successors for yourself and department sales staff.
What you bring:
- Bachelor’s degree or diploma in management, sales or marketing.
- A minimum of 10+ years of directly related experience in industrial product sales
- Exceptional relationship management and influence in leading, planning and executing complex/strategic HR/people-related initiatives
- Demonstrated leadership skills with a superior ability to make things happen through the use of impact and influencing skills
- Strong change management skills with demonstrated ability to act as a catalyst for change
- Ability to work with multiple stakeholders and capable of providing effective guidance and challenge where appropriate
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to work in a fast paced environment and manage multiple deadlines and priorities
- Highly developed critical thinking, analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Self-motivated team player with high energy and ability to work independently
This position requires approximately 25-40% travel to service and support Weldco’s other operations and sales territories.
This is a great opportunity for a professional demonstrating a collaborative working style with outstanding relationship building capabilities. Weldco is a progressive organization offering competitive wages and comprehensive benefits as well as personal development opportunities.
Weldco Companies is a subsidiary of IDC (Inuvialuit Development Corporation), and is 100% Inuvialuit owned. Weldco provides Employment and Career Development opportunities for its beneficiaries and employees.
Applications for this position may be kept on file for twelve months and may be considered for future positions within Weldco or IDC. Your interest in Weldco is appreciated. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. No phone calls please.