Weldco-Beales Manufacturing Ltd. (WBM) manufactures heavy equipment attachments and truck mounted cranes for the construction, forestry, mining and resource industries throughout Canada, U.S.A. and internationally. Our manufacturing facility located in Edmonton, AB is currently recruiting a Welding Automation Operator.
Reporting to the Shop Foreman, you will operate and maintain a robotic welding machine to produce quality products in a timely fashion to meet Customer needs. Your primary responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Setting up, programming, operating, and troubleshooting robotic welding machines
- Welding, fitting, and assembling all WBM products
- Consistently delivering quality workmanship
- Follows directions given in layouts, drawings and work orders
- Performing regular maintenance and cleaning of work station and machines
- Promotes and practices safety in the work place at all times
The ideal candidate will hold the following qualifications:
- Alberta Journeyman Ticket or Red Seal Certification in welding or steel plate fitting
- Welding Automation Certificate would be an asset
- A minimum of 5+ years of experience with metal-core welding
- A minimum of 2+ years using robotic welding machines
- A minimum of 2+ years of experience fitting formed metal components
- Good knowledge of all safety practices
- Knowledge of all tools and equipment and their use
- Communication skills to read, write, listen, and speak in a clear and concise manner to individuals at various levels
- Interpersonal skills to work collaboratively with others
- Time management skills to productively complete work and meet all deadlines
- Organizational skills to maximize productivity
- Analytical skills to identify problems and find a solution, or seek advice from the supervisor
- Manual dexterity and hand-eye coordination skills
- Learns quickly and willing to ask questions
- Attentive to details
- Safety conscious
- Follows instructions thoroughly and uses good judgment
- Demonstrates strong work ethics (attendance, punctuality, reliability, honesty, etc.)
- Physically fit to lift items weighing up to 20 kg.
Please note: All final candidates are required to complete a successful criminal records check. Successful candidates will undergo a pre-employment medical evaluation upon hiring.
Weldco Companies is a subsidiary of IDC (Inuvialuit Development Corporation), and is 100% Inuvialuit owned. Weldco provides Employment and Career Development opportunities for its beneficiaries and employees.
Applications for this position may be kept on file for twelve months and may be considered for future positions within Weldco or IDC. Your interest in Weldco is appreciated. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. No phone calls please.