Weldco-Beales Manufacturing Ltd. (WBM) manufactures heavy equipment attachments and truck mounted cranes for the construction, forestry, mining and resource industries throughout Canada, U.S.A. and internationally. Our manufacturing facility located in Edmonton, Alberta is currently recruiting a General Labourer for our Fabrication Shop.
Responsibilities, Duties and Tasks
Working under the direction and supervision of the Lead Hand, your primary responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Complying with all safety rules and practices as set by Occupational Health and Safety, WBM and any and all other relevant safety regulations and requirements
- Following verbal instructions or reads specifications to thoroughly understand the project before commencing any work order
- Performing cleaning of plasma cutting table
- Loading and unloading steel on and off of plasma cutting table
- Assisting with organizing and itemizing pieces
- Grinding parts using hand grinder
- Using overhead cranes and magnet lifts
- Straightening of pieces with hydraulic press
- Performing other duties as required
- High School Diploma
- A minimum of 3+ years of steel manufacturing experience
- Mechanically inclined with manual dexterity and eye-hand coordination skills
- Knowledge of plasma cutting tables
- Knowledge of all tools and equipment and their use
- Communication skills to read, write, listen, and speak in a clear and concise manner to individuals at various levels
- Interpersonal skills work collaboratively and cooperatively with others
- Learns quickly and willing to ask questions
- Attentive to details
- Follows instructions thoroughly and uses good judgment
- Demonstrates strong work ethics (attendance, punctuality, reliability, honesty, etc.)
- Physically fit to lift items weighing up to 20 kg.
Note: Successful candidates will undergo a pre-employment medical evaluation upon hiring.
Weldco Companies is a subsidiary of IDC (Inuvialuit Development Corporation), and is 100% Inuvialuit owned. Weldco provides Employment and Career Development opportunities for its beneficiaries and employees.
Applications for this position may be kept on file for twelve months and may be considered for future positions within Weldco or IDC. Your interest in Weldco is appreciated. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. No phone calls please.