Weldco-Beales Manufacturing designs and manufactures specialized heavy equipment attachments for the construction, forestry, mining and resource industries throughout Canada, the USA and internationally. Weldco-Beales is currently recruiting a Maintenance Millwright for the Langley, BC manufacturing team.
Reporting to the Shop Foreman, your responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Troubleshoot, maintain, repair or replace defective parts, and make suggestions for potential improvements,
- Follow preventative maintenance programs, maintain records and safety,
- Clean, lubricate and perform other routine maintenance work on machinery,
- Operate hoisting and lifting devices such as cranes, jacks and lift trucks,
- Read diagrams and schematic drawings to determine work procedures, inspect and examine machinery and equipment to detect and investigate irregularities and malfunctions,
- Performs other duties as required.
Experience and Education:
- A minimum of 3 years of related experience
- High school diploma
- Overhead crane and forklift experience
- Experience of repairing welding machines and paint booth equipment
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Good knowledge of all safety practices,
- Knowledge of all tools and equipment and their use,
- Interpersonal skills to work collaboratively and cooperatively with others,
- Time management, organizational and problem solving skills,
- Ability to lift items weighing up to 20 kg.,
- Self-motivated to manage time effectively and productively,
- Safety conscious.
Weldco Companies is a subsidiary of IDC (Inuvialuit Development Corporation), and is 100% Inuvialuit owned. Weldco provides Employment and Career Development opportunities for its beneficiaries and employees.
Applications for this position may be kept on file for twelve months and may be considered for future positions within Weldco or IDC. Your interest in Weldco is appreciated. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. No phone calls please.