Weldco-Beales Manufacturing Ltd. (WBM) manufactures heavy equipment attachments and truck mounted cranes for the construction, forestry, mining and resource industries throughout Canada, U.S.A. and internationally. Our manufacturing facility located in Langley, BC, is currently recruiting a Manual Machinist.
Reporting to the Shop Foreman, you will provide quality customer service and adhere to design specifications to produce quality products by machining parts used to manufacture, or repair, various heavy equipment attachments in a timely fashion to meet Customer needs. Your primary responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Studies specifications, charts, drawings or sample parts to determine the machining operation to be performed,
- Reads and interprets blueprints,
- Follows directions given, drawings and work orders,
- Checks parts for defects,
- Calculates dimensions and tolerances, and prepare working sketches if necessary,
- Operates and uses various machine shop equipment and tools safely at all times, which includes some or all of the following: lathes, mills, boring mills, drills, saws and machining centers.
- Maintains and repairs equipment as required.
- Completion of high school
- Interprovincial Red Seal Machinist Certification would be an asset
- Experience working with manual boring mills and lathes is required
- A minimum of 3+ years related experience in the machining industry
- Experience with any heavy steel fabrication would be a valuable asset
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- In-depth knowledge of all tools and equipment and their use and care,
- Advanced knowledge of general safety practices,
- Communication skills to read, write, listen, and speak in a clear & concise manner to individuals at various levels,
- Interpersonal skills work collaboratively and cooperatively with others,
- The ability to use your hands skillfully and quickly,
- The ability to measure sizes and distances accurately,
- The ability to work independently at tasks that require concentration as well as physical effort,
- Basic computer knowledge,
- Time management skills to productively complete work and meet all expected deadlines,
- Organizational skills to plan out and coordinate his or her work in a logical manner,
- Analytical skills to identify problems and find a solution, or seek advice from the supervisor.
Weldco Companies is a subsidiary of IDC (Inuvialuit Development Corporation), and is 100% Inuvialuit owned. Weldco provides Employment and Career Development opportunities for its beneficiaries and employees.
Applications for this position may be kept on file for twelve months and may be considered for future positions within Weldco or IDC. Your interest in Weldco is appreciated. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. No phone calls please.